Serious Games University Courses in Australia
Create games that will change the world.
Serious games are more than ‘just a game’. With new opportunities emerging in education, healthcare, marketing and more, this diverse field is one of the fastest growing and most exciting sectors of the games industry. This unique program lets you build and apply skills in game design and development to address a range of social problems – using the universal appeal of play.
- Collaborate with fellow game writers, artists, programmers and designers to produce and publish serious games that meaningfully connect with players and address global needs
- Analyse the meanings and cultural implications of gameplay and story, and use this knowledge to create emotionally rich and challenging games
- Get hands-on experience in developing for PC, smartphones and tablets, augmented reality and virtual reality
Bachelor of Computer Science (Simulation and Serious Games) Flinders University
South Australia, Australia
The Bachelor of Computer Science (Simulation and Serious Games) focuses on providing you with computing and mathematical skills to develop simulations and serious computer game programs which are not primarily designed for entertainment.
Serious games are an important tool used to model processes from the real world in training airline pilots, military officers, business leaders and medical professionals, and are in demand across a broad range of industries.
The course has been designed in collaboration with industry to meet the need for graduates with skills across the computing and mathematical sciences.
You will work with a range of software, hardware and interaction technologies in order to produce engaging and interactive experiences capable of simulating various scenarios.
Throughout the course, you will develop a comprehensive portfolio of work detailing the planning, development and design of these programs.
Game Development University Courses in Australia
- Develop your problem-solving skills and knowledge in mathematics to develop realistic scenes in gaming environments.
- Complete 2 separate degrees in 4 years full-time.
- Specialise in applied and computational mathematics, decision science, statistical science.
- Specialise in animation, digital media, game design or software technologies.
- Be a part of Queensland’s leading video game industry, responsible for titles such as Hellboy and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
The Bachelor of Games and Virtual Worlds (Programming) is a three year Degree delivered in partnership with Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT). The degree is designed to produce graduates for the simulation, virtual worlds and games industries and provide professional game programmers with the skills and knowledge of a computer science degree contextualised by gaming applications, plus core skills in programming and design.
This degree will provide you with specialist skills in digital game/simulation design and programming. You will create 2D and 3D interactive applications for entertainment and serious, real life scenario visualisation (virtual worlds). You will also learn how to research the market, develop business concepts and manage digital game/ simulation development projects. You could end up working as a 3D Games Programmer or Simulation Software Engineer — building interactive virtual worlds for real-world training and research!
The degree is jointly delivered online by CIT and face-to-face in AIE Campuses.